Photo Essay:: At Rice’s Market

5 Aug

Yesterday my friend Shari traveled down to New Hope, PA to check out Rice’s Market, a year-round market offering produce, plants, antiques, handcrafted creations, and plastic junk from overseas (though I am a big fan of foreign plastics).  Random aside: Isn’t “New Hope” an awesome name for a town?  If it wasn’t in the middle of nowhere, I would be tempted to move there!  Plus, I could go to Rice’s every Tuesday and Saturday!

We went up and down rows and rows of vendors hocking their goods, spending less than $10.  Of course, I tried my best to keep my point-and-shoot camera tucked away.  But that thing has a mind of its own.  It jumped out of my bad and started taking pictures…through no fault of my own.  OK, I have a chronic need to take pictures.  Believe me, I have habits that are much worse.

Here’s a look at a farmer’s market, just through pictures of items I found intriguing. All photos by me and all rights reserved for me!

No Responses to “Photo Essay:: At Rice’s Market”

1. Robin Dunne August 5, 2009 at 9:17 AM #

NICE SHOTS, Amy! I like ’em a lot! =)

• Amy August 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM #

Thanks, Robin! I know I don’t have any of guys in skinny jeans, but I couldn’t find any rocker boys!

2. rachel arnold August 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM #

oh my word. i love the one of the polaroid camera!!

• Amy August 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM #

Thanks, Rachel! Feel free to use it in your altered art endeavors! 🙂

3. MOM August 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM #

HEY- GREAT PHOTOS, AMY. I’LL TAKE ONE OF THE SUNFLOWER TO HANG ON MY SUNFLOWER DECORATED KITCHEN WALL!

• Amy August 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM #

Hmm…how did I know my mom would want a sunflower pic? 🙂

4. Ann Marie Kulick August 5, 2009 at 10:56 AM #

You have a beautiful eye! I love your sense of adventure! 🙂

5. Robin Dunne August 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM #

HA! N.P.! You generally will not find boys in skinny jeans at outdoor markets during daylight hours! They have to SLEEP sometimes! 😉 Besides, I see enough of those & I like other things too! =)