The Furture of the Dems Is In Their Hands

26 Aug

While perusing through news about the Democratic National Convention, I found a rather amusing article about the decorative headgear some of the delegates have chosen to show their support for certain causes or just stand out. After looking at some of these monstrosities, I thought to myself, do we really want these individuals deciding the future of the Democratic Party? I’m an Independent, so I don’t have much say for either party. Here’s a look at the fashions some of the delegates are sporting (photos from AOL and AP)…

This is the Democrats version of the Red Hat Society, except they wear sunglasses instead.  Their futures so bright theyve got to wear shades.

This is the Democrats' version of the "Red Hat Society," except they wear sunglasses instead. Their future's so bright they've got to wear shades.

Word on the street is that Michelle Obama was going to wear this hat during her speech last night, but decided against it.

Im thinking the extra decor just makes this corn cob hat look a bit tacky.

I'm thinking the extra decor just makes this corn cob hat look a bit tacky.

I admit it...I love flamingos and I love this hat.  But what self-respecting man would wear such a thing?

I admit it...I love flamingos and I love this hat. But what self-respecting man would wear such a thing?

So, which hat is your favorite? Or would you go for the tradition cheese head or Mickey Mouse ears?

No Responses to “The Furture of the Dems Is In Their Hands”

1. hmks August 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM #

Oh my god, oh my god.

I’m voting for my German Shepherd for President.

PS I live north of Denver ~ heard it’s a real mess down there right now. We’re trying to stay out of town for a couple days, but now I’m thinking I’d really like a closer look at some of that headgear.

2. hmks August 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM #

Oh my god, oh my god.

I’m voting for my German Shepherd for President.

3. Amy August 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM #

Ah, you know how conventions are–everyone gets all crazy-like. They should sell their hats on eBay…they could make a ton of money for Obama’s campaign…not that they need any more money.

4. Amy August 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM #

5. Gman August 28, 2008 at 7:15 PM #

Isn’t that Hulk Hogan in that getup?

6. Gman August 28, 2008 at 7:15 PM #

Isn’t that Hulk Hogan in that getup?

7. Amy August 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM #