A Midnight Dose of John Cusack

14 Aug
This is the pose from SAY ANYTHING that started the Cult of Cusack

This is the pose from SAY ANYTHING that started "the Cult of Cusack"

I can’t sleep, so after answering a few e-mails, I did what anyone suffering from insomnia would do–I looked up pictures of John Cusack on Google. I’ve been perusing through various pics of John Cusack from his gawky teen years in Better off Dead, to his coming into manhood in Say Anything, and his edgy films like Grosse Point Blank and High Fidelity, to the warmer, fuzzier Cusack starring in romantic comedies like Must Love Dogs, Serendipity and the heart-warming Martian Child. Yes, dear friends, John Cusack has come a long way. And, wow, I’ve seen a lot of John Cusack movies.

In fact, he’s also on MySpace (profile link) and I was one of the first MySpacers to welcome him to town, for which I got a friendly private message from John Cusack himself (I think). I asked him if I could interview him for Backseat Writer, bu he didn’t write back. Story of my life.

Take a trip with me down John Cusack lane and, you, too, can discover all the great information the Internet has to offer about this actor.

*This is a funny commentary about the “Cult of Cusack” and why women think he’s hotter than Brad Pitt. It’s circa-Must Love Dogs. She also cites John’s work as Lloyd in Say Anything as the pivotal start of the cult.

*This is a humorous gall who wants to marry John Cusack (but doesn’t think she ever will)…read her blog here.

*In the meantime, she can join The Society for the Future Ex-Wives of John Cusack…or she could have if it

We also like him in doubles.

We also like him in doubles.

didn’t disappear from cyberspace altogether. Too bad; it was a really funny site.

*There’s another site where I found out how compatible I am with Mr. Cusack. After entering my birthday, I discovered that I am a great match for John Cusack! We are totally compatible! Here are the astounding results–92% physical match, 85% emotional match, and 100% intellectual match, which means we are 92% overall match. Amazing!

*A link to a sad video about a guy who played Adam Sandler’s “I Wanna Grow Old With You” (The Wedding Singer) to his beloved using the ol’ boombox over the head maneuver that worked so well for Lloyd in Say Anything. He probably should’ve stuck with “In Your Eyes”.

That’s all for tonight, folks. I feel my eyelids starting to droop. Join me next time I can’t sleep for more fascinating information about random celebrities.

No Responses to “A Midnight Dose of John Cusack”

1. mylesfromnowhere August 14, 2008 at 1:18 AM #

One link away from a restraining order you are. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. mylesfromnowhere August 14, 2008 at 1:18 AM #

One link away from a restraining order you are. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Professor August 14, 2008 at 9:32 PM #

In my defense, I really don’t think I’ll marry nor even meet John Cusack…. I’m just a silly fan…! But thanks for the link!

4. Professor August 14, 2008 at 9:32 PM #

5. Amy August 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM #

Professor, good point. I updated the sentence and corrected my grammar. I definitely shouldn’t be blogging in the wee hours of the morning. Your post cracked me up ๐Ÿ™‚

Myles, only one link away? Man, I hoped I was two links over. I did find a couple news articles about John Cusack stalkers though…very weird.

6. Amy August 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM #

7. KM August 15, 2008 at 10:56 PM #

He just looks so young in the first picture. It makes me feel old even though he and I are about the same age.

8. KM August 15, 2008 at 10:56 PM #