Open Letter to John McCain’s Campaign

27 Jul
All I want is this pin and its $5...for a pin to promote someone. The one I originally wanted was $7.

All I want is this pin and it's $5...for a pin to promote someone. The one I originally wanted was $7.

To John McCain’s Campaign HQ:

I’m an Independent Voter, who supports John McCain. I’ve already contacted McCain’s local campaign office to see about helping with the campaign. No response yet (and I have an undergraduate degree in journalism and have worked in public relations. Believe me, I would be a valuable asset to the team).

Then I decided to check out the merchandise section of the McCain Website to see about getting a bumper sticker or two or maybe a few pins–$7 for one pin! You have got to be kidding me! You can get Hannah Montana pins cheaper at the Disney Store, which has super-inflated prices. Plus, she’s just a fictional TV rock star, not a presidential candidate.

I’m all about slapping a McCain bumper sticker on the back of my vehicle or donning my purse, jacket, and other attire with a pin, but not at these prices. I can get a vintage “I Like Ike” pin for a better price. I understand that purchasing these items is also like making a donation to the McCain campaign. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of extra finances to do that, so I merely what to offer what I do have–time, talent, the back of my vehicle, and space on my personal belongings to promote John McCain.

Unfortunately, if you do not return my calls or e-mails or lower the prices of your promotions items (or give me a few for free like other campaigns have done in the past), I can’t help promote your candidate.

Sincerely,
Amy, Independent Thinker for McCain (for now)

Yes, I did actually send this letter to McCain’s Campaign. If they fail to receive it but read this post, they can feel free to e-mail me. Oh, and if you support Obama, good for you, but I really don’t want to hear about how I’m an idiot because I like McCain or any of that. It’s unnecessary and makes me like Obama even less because he had such mean supporters.

No Responses to “Open Letter to John McCain’s Campaign”

1. mjgolch July 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM #

this is the greatness our our country. you have the right to back who you believe in,just as I do. I for one will never throw those kinds of stones my Parents taught me better that that.
    I just can not bring myself to support an other war hawk. Both men have some great Ideas.May be we need a president that will do some thig to help ALL the people of the United States of America.
    you cannot keep cutting taxes for the “priveledged” as have been done saying it will help the economy.All it has done in my opion is seperate America into a big have and have not with the have nots paying out more and more and getting less and less.
    Not that I have said what I had say I’ll depart my soap box. Mike G. said that.

Hugs and God’s Blessing. Mike G.said that.

2. mjgolch July 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM #

Not that I have said what I had say I’ll depart my soap box. Mike G. said that.

Hugs and God’s Blessing. Mike G.said that.

3. Lois July 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM #

Shoot, for all the advertising you’re offering them…they should be paying YOU! 7 bucks for a pin…ouch!

4. Lois July 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM #

5. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 2:53 PM #

Amy, just make your own. Print it out and tape it inside your car window. Most US Citizens live below the poverty level. I think a taped “sticker” makes a great statement!

6. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 2:53 PM #

7. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM #

oops, hit return accidentally.call a youth pastor … they tend to own those button making thingys. Find that youth pastor, and create your own button!

8. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM #

9. Amy July 29, 2008 at 4:18 PM #

I could make a ghetto McCain shirt with a Sharpie marker, too.

I wanna be GHETTO FOR MCCAIN! 🙂

Geez, he’s married to an heiress and Obama isn’t hurting for cash either…as if either of them knows the plight of the working man.

Seriously though, my whole point is that to support a candidate they should try to use their resources. When they do crap like this, they ARE clearly out of touch with a ton of the American people and need to readjust!

10. Amy July 29, 2008 at 4:18 PM #

I could make a ghetto McCain shirt with a Sharpie marker, too.

I wanna be GHETTO FOR MCCAIN! 🙂

11. ultraspy July 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM #

I can’t talk about politics… without getting really really really angry. I’m pretty much the kid yelling, “BUT THE FLIPPIN DUDE HAS NO CLOTHES! Uh, wait, does anybody know the story of the emperor who had no clothes? Perhaps I’ve dated myself … wanders off muttering about bureaucracy and the pitfalls of current US politics.

12. ultraspy July 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM #

13. Elle September 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM #

Who wants a McCain pin? I’ll send you one! Email me.

14. Elle September 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM #

Who wants a McCain pin? I’ll send you one! Email me.