Christian the Lion Goes Viral

26 Jul
Christian the lion cub hanging out in a flat back in the day.

Christian the lion cub hanging out in a flat back in the day.

When it comes to online video trends, I’m a little slow on the uptake. But my mom told me about a touching viral vid that’s all the rage. Naturally, she saw it on “The View,” not the Internet. The silent film from the late 1960’s tells the tale of two men and their lion. Through the text floating across the screen, we learn the guys bought the lion cub from a department store in London (who knew you could buy lion cubs in department stores back then?), raised it, and then took it to be released into the wilds of Africa when it was full-grown (read very interesting article about experience).

A year later, the two men decided to take a trip to Africa to visit their lion one last time. They were told that he wouldn’t recognize him, yet they search for Christian anyway. Watch what happens… (Note: I am very sorry about the Whitney Houston song, but that’s how it comes. Mute your computer speakers pronto!)

I’ve seen the video about ten times now and it makes me cry every single time. Ah, animals, is there anything like ’em?

No Responses to “Christian the Lion Goes Viral”

1. Dale July 29, 2008 at 7:16 AM #

That’s a really great video Amy! Pretty amazing!

2. Dale July 29, 2008 at 7:16 AM #

That’s a really great video Amy! Pretty amazing!

3. Amy July 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM #

Thanks, Dale! I shot it myself when I was, uh, -10 years and counting. 🙂

4. Amy July 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM #

Thanks, Dale! I shot it myself when I was, uh, -10 years and counting. 🙂

5. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM #

Hey Amy, cool video … horrendous song. I’ll edit with a different song if you have one in mind! And, yeah, I shed couple tears myself!

6. tracy (aka: ultraspy) July 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM #

7. Amy July 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM #

You should use Steven Curtis Chapman’s “King of the Jungle” or Michael W. Smith’s “Friends”….hahahahah! I think “Friends” is a perfect choice.

8. Amy July 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM #