Ready for Camp Rock?

14 Jun

Are those leather moccasins supposed to double as “hiking boots”? Who wears this sort of attire to camp? I guess things are different at Camp Rock.

My friend, Gman, reminded me (via his blog) about something too amusing NOT to comment on and that is the premiere of the Disney Channel’s latest musical movie, Camp Rock, starring the Jonas Brothers and some girls who like to sing. Apparently, the middle Jo-Bro Joe is having a musical crisis until he hears a fellow camper (who also works in the kitchen–how embarrassing!) play a beautiful melody that makes him believe in the power of his dreams…or some rot like that.

Anyway, I’m sure there will be lots of singing, dancing, romancing, and in the previews one of the Jonas brothers TAKES OFF HIS SHIRT! Tween girls everywhere are screaming already. Imagine how cute he looks in hi-definition digital television. The movie premieres on the Disney Channel at 8 PM EST on Friday, June 20. I’ll definitely try to offer you, the reading public, an insightful critique (with lots of cheeky sarcasm).

My friend, Gman, was kind enough to post the YouTube video trailer for the movie on his blog, so I’m reposting it here with lots of props to Gman for reminding me about this highly important television event.

So, who do you think could win if the cast of High School Musical took on the cast of Camp Rock? I’m totally thinking High School Musical…I think there’s more of them. But the Jo-Bros could hit people with their guitars…hmm….what do you think?

Read NameDropper’s insightful blog entry on CAMP ROCK’s premiere in New York City. It’s very detailed and highly amusing. Check it out here.

No Responses to “Ready for Camp Rock?”

1. tracy June 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM #

Hey, I watched this show in the eighties … it was called “Fame” then.

2. tracy June 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM #

Hey, I watched this show in the eighties … it was called “Fame” then.

3. namedropper June 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM #

I can tell you, with complete accuracy, that High School Musical kicks Camp Rock’s ass.

Also, Demi Lovato does not take those damn moccasins off for the entire movie. It’s incredibly painful.

4. namedropper June 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM #

5. Gman June 16, 2008 at 10:33 AM #

should prove to be an interesting show and how compares to all the hype!!

6. Gman June 16, 2008 at 10:33 AM #

should prove to be an interesting show and how compares to all the hype!!

7. jessica June 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM #

OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HSM BECAUSE ASHLEY TISDALE IS THE BEST EVER AND DEFF CAMP ROCKL IS AMAZING BECAUSE THE JO BROS ARE IN IT AND THEY ARE TOTALLY AMAZING AND I LOVE THEM TO DEATH

8. jessica June 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM #

9. STEPHANIE July 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM #

do you have the new cd love stephanie

10. STEPHANIE July 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM #

do you have the new cd love stephanie

11. Amy July 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM #

No, Stephanie, I don’t have it! Sadly, we haven’t even seen it yet, much to my roommate’s chagrin.

12. Amy July 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM #

13. Nadia August 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM #

it’s cool camp rock is so exited hey i have the script for CAMP ROCK 2 IT IS:Camp Rock 2 (2009)

In the sequel of Camp Rock we are rejoined by Mitchie played by Demi Lovato who again smiles way to big and tries way to hard. She is joined by the Jonas Brothers who have more equivalent roles in this movie. Jason who is played by Kevin Jonas continues to ask for a bird house and is presented with the opportunity to make one himself. Nate who is played by Nick Jonas finds summer love with Kaitlin played by Alyson Stoner. Finally Shane Gray played by Joe Jonas gets fed up with Mitchies obnoxious smile and pushes her out of the canoe during their special ride. This puts a damper on their budding romance and makes way for the new camper Shaniqua Shaneyney played by a new and up and coming star Emily Chally. Shane and Shaniqua spend the summer writing music and having fun but meanwhile Mitchie teams up with Tess played by Meaghan Jette Martin to split up Shane and Shaniqua and ruin the happy sun shiny atmosphere that has been created. In the process of trying to break them up they accidentally break up Nate and Kaitlin and also break Kevins birdhouse. Everyone grows extremely angry and when it is time to go home there is no Rocking. They banish Mitchie to the middle of the lake floating in a canoe and once again peace and justice and normal smiles are restored to camp.

14. Nadia August 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM #