New Kids On The Block Reunion = Midlife Crisis

9 Apr

Seriously…what’s going on with these New Kids on the Block revival/reunion/whatever it is? They’re pushing 40, so they’re hardly “kids” and they’re not fooling anyone going by “NKOTB” either. They should change their name to “Middle Aged Guys Having Midlife Crisis” which can eventually become “Old Guys in the Home”.

You can listen to their “hot” new single…

I’m not a big fan of the revolving background rhythm, the vocals, the lyrics, or the melody, but other than that, it’s OK. They’re better dressers than they were in the 80’s. I admit it, I was a fan when I was in fifth or sixth grade. I even had one of those ginormous New Kids On The Block pins, which I wore proudly. But then I grew up and moved on to the “90210” guys.

Then & Now: Man, I can’t believe I ever had a crush on these guys. I thought Jordan Knight was the hottest thing in the whole world. I love those wiggly suspenders though.

What’s next, a Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch Reunion or bringing M.C. Hammer out of retirement?

No Responses to “New Kids On The Block Reunion = Midlife Crisis”

1. cat April 10, 2008 at 4:11 AM #

new kids on the block is just their name, you don’t have to take it literally.

2. cat April 10, 2008 at 4:11 AM #

new kids on the block is just their name, you don’t have to take it literally.

3. Mel April 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM #

I’m actually looking into getting tickets… I think it would be a fun concert, a bit weird though.

4. Mel April 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM #

5. hmks September 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM #

Oh god ~ I loved the New Kids on the Block ~ when I was in Elementary School!!! My neighbor and I used to make up dance moves to NKOTB songs and actually won a talent show dancing to “Hangin Tough.” I too moved on to the guys from “90210” and now I find myself enjoying the George Clooney and Christian Bale types.

NKOTB have been quoted as saying their back because their fans want them back… really? Most of their fans grew up and out of the NKOTB phase almost twenty years ago. Who is this “fan” they speak of?

I saw the “Summertime” video and it just made me feel old ~ because all those guys are so old. My love for NKOTB went the same way as my love for My Little Ponies. I say, give it a rest guys ~ didn’t you all make enough money in the 80’s?

6. hmks September 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM #